22 October 2017
India Post – Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant (PA/ SA) Exam Pattern & Syllabus
India Post invites applications from eligible candidates for filling up of posts of Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant (PA/ SA) for the year of 2014 Now lets have a look at the detailed syllabus and Exam Pattern…
Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant (PA/ SA) Exam Pattern :
There are Two papers in this Exam…
- Paper – I : An Aptitude Test
- Paper – II : Computer/ Typing Test
An Aptitude Test : The applicants shall be subjected to an Aptitude Test with a total 100 maximum marks covering the following subjects/topics. Aptitude Test (Paper-I) will be comprising four parts (Part A, B, C & D). The duration of the Aptitude Test will be for 2 hours (120 minutes). There is no negative marking.
- Part A : 25 Questions on General Knowledge & 25 marks.
- Part B : 25 Questions on Mathematics & 25 marks.
- Part C : 25 questions on English & 25 marks.
- Part D : 25 Questions on Reasoning and analytical Ability & 25 marks.
Computer/ Typing Test : The typing test will be for a duration of 30 minutes ( 15 minutes for typing and 15 minutes for data entry) consisting one passage of 450 words in English OR 375 words in Hindi to be typed with a minimum speed of 30 words per minute or 25 words per minute respectively.
Test in Data entry will be of some figures and letters each carrying equal marks on computer . The above test will be conducted on Computer Key board, but not on a typewriter. Further, the candidates have to secure prescribed qualifying marks in this test. The marks will be based on speed, and accuracy. This is a combined test, and marks in both the components will be put together for qualifying.
Syllabus For Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant (PA/ SA) :
- General Knowledge : Questions on current events, sports, history, geography, basic economics, general politics, Indian Constitution, Science environment etc.
- Mathematics : Standard of Question in paper matriculation which may cover number system, simplification, decimals, corrections, simple and compound interest, percentage, average, profit and loss, discount, menstruation, Time & work and time & distance etc.
- English : covering subjects grammar (prepositions, adverbs, conjunction, direct/indirect speech, singular & plural, tenses, antonyms/synonyms etc.
- Reasoning and analytical Ability : In this section Question based on Coding Decoding, Blood Relations, Direction Sense, Logical Venn Diagrams, Syllogisms, Number, Ranking & Time Sequence Test, Decision Making Series etc…
The above information is only for syllabus of Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant (PA/ SA) written examination. But if you want to know other information about how we can preparation of Exam we suggest some Important Books…